Vail, Colorado and the entire Vail Valley are famous for world-class mountain recreation, the abundance and variety of year-around activities will set your vacation apart from any other you’ve ever had! Summer brings sunny days and boundless fun, from leisurely nature walks to hard-core mountain biking, from scenic horseback trail rides to exciting rafting, combined with cultural and music events nearly every week.
Vail, Colorado offers world-class lodging from high end luxury hotels to practical condominiums and vacation rentals. On the culinary front, the same world-class offerings abound. From five courses to five-minute bites, Vail has a variety of options and flavors, including cozy pubs and family-friendly eateries.
Views of Vail mountain unfold in front of you as you walk leisurely down the pedestrian only cobble-stone streets. The town of Vail offers elegant shopping, quick lattes, fine dining, concerts and everything in-between
Vail has hosted many world cup events and has the knowledge to provide the international guests the experience of a lifetime.
- Conveniently located off Interstate 70, in the center of the state, Vail is the headquarters for an ideal Rocky Mountain vacation.
- Located 35 miles west of Vail, Eagle Airport (EGE) is serviced in the winter by Air Canada, American, Delta and United with nonstop flights to and from Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Newark, New York/Kennedy, and Toronto. For more information and the latest schedules and available flights, visit www.FlyVail.com.
- DenverInternational Airport(DIA)
- Located 120 miles east of Vail via Interstate 70, Denver International Airport (www.flydenver.com) offers numerous daily flights to and from most major U.S. cities, and connections to destinations around the world.
- Ground Transportation
- Boasting an unsurpassed safety record, flexible schedules, impeccably maintained vehicles, and courteous and friendly drivers, Colorado Mountain Express (CME) is the best link to Vail’s pedestrian village. CME offers access to and from both Denver International Airport and the Eagle Airport. For details and reservations visitwww.ridecme.com.
- Getting Around
- In addition to pedestrian-friendly streets, the Town of Vail operates the largest free public transportation system in the country.
- Visitors can also access public transportation to nearby Avon, Beaver Creek, Minturn, Leadville and Edwards for a nominal fee on ECO Transportation (http://www.eaglecounty.com/eco_transit/index.cfm).